Resource 1: Some common misunderstandings about energy
This resource is for use with Activity 1.
- Energy can be used up.
- Objects only have energy when they are moving.
- Objects keep moving until the energy is ‘used up’.
- Energy is often lost in energy transfers.
- Energy is a substance.
- Energy is fuel.
- Force is the same as energy.
- Force is the same as work.
- Biological processes, such as photosynthesis or respiration, produce energy.
- Some objects/materials are naturally warmer than others.
Back to previous pagePrevious
Go to next pageNext
Resource 2: Some ways of eliciting your students’ ideas about energy and work